• U-SURF, U-WURF What documents do foreign students need to apply

    Foreign students must receive a 'Student visa (D-2)' and a '체류 자격외 활동허가(Non-residential activity permit)' before applying. For more information, please contact the 'Immigration Contact Center' for guidance.(Contact number 1345)
  • What kinds of scholarships are available to students?

    Unist offers scholarship based on academics, and dedication to research. All UNIST students are recipient of RA/TA scholarship which covers full tuition and provides monthly stipend. For a full list of scholarships and grants available, visit our scholarship page.
  • How do I personalize my application?

    Be honest, be friendly, and be yourself. UNIST welcomes applications for admission from all candidates who believe the university can help them reach their educational goals. We seek students who can benefit from our academic program and contribute positively to our community, and we attract students from diverse geographic, economic, racial and religious backgrounds.
  • What else do I submit with my application?

    In addition to your application, graduate candidates will also need to submit the following in order for it to be completed:  
    1. Certificate of Graduation and Transcripts(All original, if you're applying early, you'll need to have your final transcripts sent later)
    2. Original Record of English Tests
    3. An application fee
    Although optional, you can also submit any additional documents that show applicants qualification or research achievements if available.   Please visit our Admission Guideline page for more information or contact our Graduate Studies Team.
  • How much weight does UNIST give to English test scores?

    While there is no one formulat to determine admission, UNIST is well-known for its competitiveness as the global university conducting all courses in English. Unist will grant the appropriate credit to students who have shown excellence in language ability.
  • Is U-Visit(Open Lab) required for admission?

    No, although we strongly encourage prospective students to visit campus, especially when class is in session. While U-Visit is not a required part of the admissions process, it can be helpful in providing the professors and the students with a more complete and personal understanding of you as an individual. Explore our U-Visit website  for more information about being our guest at the UNIST!
  • When should I submit my application?

    The detailed schedule for Spring 2016 admission is posted on our website in October 2015. For more information about applications deadlines and steps, contact the Graduate Studies Team.
  • Are students required to live on campus?

    Life beyond classes is an important part of the UNIST experience, and 95% of UNIST students do live on campus. Students who live on campus also have a free micro-fridge in all residence halls, laundry, and free parking on campus.
  • Can I bring my car to campus?

    UNIST campus is intimate enough that you won't need to drive to class. That said, you are welcome to bring your car to campus, and you do need to abide by some basic guidelines and rules. Although shuttles are offered at select times, students sometimes do use their own transportation or ride with a friend to visit local cities like Busan or Kyoung-Ju. During the academic year, students also use their own car for intership opportunities in the region.
  • Where is UNIST and what will I find nearby?

    Unist is in Ulsan, South Korea, and located in the sub-urban region with many regional attractions near campus. Unist offfers a quiet rural location an hour or less from major metropolitan areas including Busan. The nearby Shin Bul Mountains offer plenty of outdoor adventures, including camping, hiking. For driving directions, visit How to get to Unist.